The Statement of Faith
Gujarati Christian Fellowship United Kingdom (GCFUK) is an evangelical
community with roots in the Gujarati culture of India and now residing in the UK
- called by God to ministry and mission amongst the Gujarati community in the
United Kingdom and worldwide and hereby committed as disciples of Jesus Christ to
Hence we at Gujarati Christian Fellowship United Kingdom(GCFUK) in
agreement with the above values and as per God’s command to us to love Him with
all our heart and soul and strength and to love our neighbours as ourselves - we
hereby commit ourselves through the transforming power of the Holy Spirit and in
joyful obedience to our purposes:
- To the one living God revealed through the Bible as the Father, the
Son and the Holy Spirit.
- To the Holy Bible as the Word of God written by human authors under
the inspiration & guidance of the Holy spirit and believe it to be true, trustworthy
& final in all it affirms.
- That human beings are created in the image of God, male and female,
in order to love, worship, obey & glorify God, to relate to one another in love,
justice and compassion, and to care for creation.
- That human beings have sinned by rebelling against God, rejecting God’s
authority, disobeying God’s Word and so alienated from God, one another and the
creation. This sin deserves God’s judgement and leading to eternal alienation from
God. The effects of sin and the power of evil have permeated the fabric of cultural,
economic, social, political and religious life, causing poverty, strife and various
illnesses and damaging the creation & environment.
- That God loves and cares for all people in their cultural and ethnic
diversity and has reached out in grace to save them through Jesus Christ. God sent
His only son Jesus Christ to suffer & die on the cross for the sins of mankind.
- That Jesus of Nazareth is the Son of God, the Messiah is uniquely appointed
by God to bring the gift of salvation to the world and God taking on human nature
in Jesus Christ taught and modelled the new life of kingdom of God to which He calls
His disciples. In His death on the cross he took upon Himself the sin of the world,
bearing its full cost and penalty so that we are put right with God through His
grace by faith in Christ alone. On the cross Jesus also entered into the human suffering,
defeated the powers of evil and accomplished the reconciliation of all creation.
In His bodily resurrection He defeated death and became the forerunner of the redeemed
humanity. Through His ascension He is exalted as the reigning Lord, and at His return
He will execute God’s judgement, destroy Satan, evil and death, and establish the
universal reign of God.
- To the Bible testifying to the Holy Spirit’s activity both in creation
and history, empowering action for liberation and justice. The Holy Spirit convicts
of sin and followed judgement, leads to faith and repentance and unites believers
to Christ, making real in them what Jesus has accomplished. Through Jesus, God’s
Spirit is poured out on all believers enabling them to live in unity and to bear
the fruit of holiness, Christ-likeness and practical obedience. The Spirit gives
gifts and power to proclaim and demonstrate the gospel, discern truth, pray effectively
and prevail over the forces of darkness.
- To live as a community of reconciled sinners in unity, humility and
sacrificial Christian love as followers of Lord Jesus Christ.
- To make known to all nations especially the Gujarati community in the
UK and worldwide the gospel of God’s grace through forgiveness in Jesus Christ,
calling people to faith, repentance, discipleship & live out the gospel.
- To seek the wisdom of God, through prayer and discernment.
- To offer at GCFUK opportunities & space for people of all ages and
economic, social or cultural backgrounds to become followers of Jesus Christ.
- To give special attention and encouragement to the perspectives of the
youth while promoting the spiritual, social and moral well-being of all members.
- To affirm our membership of a world-wide universal Church and to
the wider family of believers of Jesus Christ.
- To encourage members to serve, live at peace and love their neighbours
and hereby address issues of social injustice so prevalent promoting peace, compassion
and harmony amongst fellow humans.
- To work in partnership with other churches, faith communities and social
groups in the UK and worldwide in holistic transformation of the poor & needy
in global south & north with a greater focus on the State of Gujarat in India.